Ultimate Checklist For Great Roof Maintenance Lafayette, IN
Let's face it, roof maintenance can be a difficult, time-consuming process. No matter how high-quality the materials and no matter how flawless the installation, time and environmental stressors will eventually lead to the degradation of your roof. This can lead to the need for costly repairs if left unchecked. However, engaging good roof maintenance services in Lafayette, IN offered by trusted pros can greatly extend the life of your roof, and costs less than repairs or replacements down the line that could have been avoided with a little extra care. In this article, we are going to share the reasons why you should rely upon a professional roof repair company, such as Lafayette Roof Maintenance, to handle your “roof type” maintenance. Whether you choose to go with a contractor, or to try to handle your roof maintenance yourself, the tips below will help you understand the ins and outs of roof and gutter maintenance.
Common causes of roof problems The goal of roof maintenance is to take care of roof problems before they reach the point of needing costly repairs, or even a roof replacement. That starts with knowing what problems to look for, and what can cause them. Here are some of the most common causes of roof problems.
1. Improper Installation Garbage in, garbage out, as they say; if your roof was not installed properly to begin with, you are much more likely to encounter problems of all kinds down the road. For this reason, the first step in good roof maintenance is making sure that you have your roof installed by qualified experts, using the best materials. Spending a little more in the beginning can save you a lot of headaches and wasted money later.
2. Trees Trees growing too close to your home or business are potential hazards for a number of reasons. Branches may scrape across the roof, damaging it. During a storm (or just due to age), branches may fall and damage the roof. Last but not least, they act as potential bridges for things like mold, algae, or even pests that may make your roof their new home. The second step to roof maintenance, therefore, is maintaining the grounds around it. Trim, transplant, or cut down trees that encroach too closely on your roof.
3. Storms Even the best made roof can suffer damage during a storm. Wind, water, lightning, falling tree branches... the list of risks go on. Thankfully, if your roof was built and installed properly, with good materials, and you have been diligent about maintaining your roof, then the hazards of storms can be minimized.
Lafayette Roof Maintenance Tips
While every roof material and design is different, there are a lot of best practices that you can follow to keep up on your roof and rain gutter maintenance. For anything outside of these, it is generally best to engage the services of a professional roof/gutter maintenance company in Lafayette, IN, such as Lafayette Roof Maintenance; trying to do extensive work on your roof without the required knowledge and experience can lead to bigger problems for you later.
1. Regularly trim trees that grow to close to your roof to prevent potential damage or the transmission of growing things like mold or algae, and pests such as termites and squirrels that may wreak havoc on your roof.
2. Make sure that the top floor of your structure has adequate ventilation; this will help to prevent the accumulation of moisture that can lead to the proliferation of harmful growths and water damage to your roof.
3. Routinely clean your roof and gutters, using a hose. In the event of clogged gutters, scoop out the obstruction as soon as it is detected to allow water to flow through it adequately. Trapped debris, especially leaves, can lead to damage or deterioration which can necessitate more costly repairs if not taken care of quickly.
4. Conduct your own inspection of your roof yearly, and get a professional to come in and do one every spring after the snow and ice melt. Catching problems early is the key to getting them fixed quickly and simply, at the lowest possible cost.
5. If your roof is flat, try to make sure that moisture doesn't accumulate there. Believe it or not, a leaf-blower can help to push pooling water towards your gutters where it belongs. 6. If your roof has valleys, make sure you take extra care when cleaning your roof to keep these spots clear, as they are a common source of leaks.
By utilizing these tips for roof maintenance, and contracting the services of a roof/gutter repair specialist when needed to handle more advanced issues, you can dramatically increase the security provided by your roof.
How Much Should Roof and Gutter Maintenance Cost?
Generally, you should expect to pay between 50 and 250 dollars for roof or gutter maintenance, though of course this total will change depending on the extent of work performed, the consumption of materials, and the specific charges that your contractor uses. If you need roof maintenance performed, give Lafayette Roof Maintenance a call today to receive the most competitive quotes for your roof maintenance service.
How Do I Find the Best Roof Maintenance Company Near Me?
If you live or work in Lafayette, IN, and you need roof maintenance, and you are looking at this page, pat yourself on the back; you win! Give us a call with any of your concerns or questions. We take pride in providing the very best service, performing quality work, and charging fairly for what we do.